Thursday, 22 December 2016

Jamyria (The Entering #1 )

There is exquisite description at the start of The Entering and for the first fifty pages or so this book reminded me a little of Alice in Wonderland, in that our character, Margo, finds herself in another world. These fifty pages are captivating and for the next half I felt the language switched to formal and its sudden gear change of Margo going to save the people did catapult this into your typical YA novel. Author, Madeline Meekins, does quite wonderfully bring this novel back into its own.
The companions that Margo picks up along the way I like and, in one case, a surprise. I'm not too sure about the sub plot of her sister, as this does seem to carve into a lot of the book but then it provides Margo with her motivation.
A brilliant first novel, with a cliff-hanger ending that piques my interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment