Thursday, 16 March 2017

Book Review. Hazel. Breana Mae Estrada.

Genre Poetry
My Rating ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Goodreads
and is currently available to download at
Payhip.com

My Review

A great book of short, but gentle, poetry on mental health, love, and loss, with sections A List of Hopeful Things, This Year, and The Time Travelling Letter.
I did like the inspiring look through the years 2010 to 2016, and also the poems of the author's experiences of depression, which I could identify with, as our experiences are quite similar.
In particular I did like The Time Travelling Letter Part 1
'When you tear yourself apart, make sure it's only on paper, with a pen. Leave the knives and razors alone, sweetheart.'
Alive, My Love smells like Hands, Kaleidoscope 'he had eyes like carnival lights'
Rain, Holy 'You've made me say "Oh God."
so many times
I feel like what we do
is holy.'
Haunted, Setting Fires, Stranger, Power Couples, monster 'My mother has said I am smart like Frankenstein,
but these days I resemble
his homemade monster.'
The Future of us, Stellar, the brilliant Recovery, Thunder, Goodbyes, a favourite Girl 'They will always talk girl. They will always judge girl. Let them.'
Hurt, Remember me 'When you remember me,
I hope you think of my smile.
Of dark lipstick and dancing.'
Strength, Soft, When Love comes Back, Road Trips and Rock Songs, and Picture this.
Hazel deserves to be a huge success.

No comments:

Post a Comment